Monday, February 7, 2011

Questions and Answers...

1. Mood: Bitchy (due to a super migraine) and a bit sad. I'm also feeling really silly and hyper. I wanna go for a walk outside, but it's already after midnight.


2. When things get stressful, how do you keep a level head? I don't, it's really hard for me to keep calm; I tend to have a lot of anxiety issues. Whenever I am stressed, I try to pray and meditate and just keep the faith. If I'm really stressed I cry on my boyfriend's shoulder, and he usually tells me everything will work out and then tries to make me laugh. He's good at keeping me from the dark side of stress.


3. What are you reading right now? "American Psycho" by Bret Easton Ellis…because I haven't read it in a seriously long time. Last summer I re-read "Less Than Zero". I would like to read something more recent. Any recommendations; "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" maybe?


4. One of the best times in your life? When I was 22 and I regularly went out with my friends. It was a time, when I lived in a big family home that was able to house all of my weirdo friends, and it was also a time when I had plenty of time to hang out with my boyfriend and my friends. There were crazy nights out dancing and hitting the town, then going back to my home (with plenty of space) for drinks, conversation and the oh-so famous (or infamous) movie nights! This time wasn't just important or great because I was hanging with my friends; it was more important because I had just gone through one of the worst, most traumatic experiences of my life. They say people come into your life for a reason; I have to believe that is true. Those people were there for me when I needed them most. Although, I should have never let my family bully me and my mom into selling our family's home.

5. Have you ever had a gel manicure? No, but being a cosmetology student, I have had chances to see and practice them. Gel manis are awesome to work with.


6. Three simple pleasures? 1.) French anything (movies, food, music, candy, etc.) 2.) The Beatles 3.) Walking in cold weather


7. Whom do you call if you need advice? I call my soon-to-be hubby, Justin. Sometimes I call on Jesus too, although he's probably tired of hearing from me. 


8. A recent happy moment? Taking a mid-afternoon nap with Justin on Sunday with the sun shining in through the window.


9. Are you a red dress kind of girl? Oh yeah! I've got more little black dresses, but love to be the lady in red sometimes!


10. Weekly goals: 1.) Get my home looking like it should be photographed for a magazine. 2.) Catch up on movies 3.) Try to keep focused and keep the faith too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment